5.07.2008

I really want to go camping, soon. I am a camping expert, I can put a tent up in like 30 seconds flat. I don't mind being dirty, I can deal with not looking too cute, I love hiking, sleeping in tents, waking up early with the sun, all of it. The only thing is, I don't really have anyone to go with. Jonathan is so busy with being a fire boy (plus Maria obviously is so cool with our super close friendship [we've been friends since we were born] but I feel like just the two of us going camping would be pushing it a little bit, a little disrespectful to their relationship), Char has school and work, I'm not sure how down Melisa would be, etc. I need to recruit some camping/hiking/outdoorsy friends! My mom is all about hiking, but we never seem to be able to coordinate the same days off to go.

Making new friends is a challenge for me. I'm not one of those people who is immediately loved by everyone, and I try to be nice and open but apparently I don't come off as completely warm and welcoming. It's frustrating because I'm sure that's on account of all of my weird little issues and self doubt and everything, but I can tell that sometimes my being reserved is read as being snobbish. When I try to curb this I just feel fake, which is worse than feeling standoffish. And it's not that I really care about being liked by the general public, I just wish I had more people in my life to hang out with. Melisa is really my only close friend in Kitsap who is single and childless and otherwise in same general phase of life as me. Really I just want a group of laid back people who would be down to drive out to the coast and go camping for a few days about once a month throughout the summer!

I have to leave for work in an hour, and I would much rather just stay here and play with my puppy. Amor.

K

No comments: