3.12.2009

Lately Huck and I have this new thing- we go running on the trails at Jackson park. And I mean running. As soon as we get around a few corners on the trail we go balls-out, as fast as we can, until we're too tired, and then we take off running again as soon as we've caught our breath. It's so much fun. I never thought I'd be someone who enjoyed running, that was always the part of working out I hated, but this kind of running is amazing. It's literally like being 6 years old and just running as fast as you can, it's so much fun. It's always a little bit embarrassing when we come upon other people on the trails and they catch me trying to act like, you know, I'm just jogging. It's exactly like that one episode of Friends... You know, with Phoebe?

Spring is coming, I can see it and feel it and hear it and smell it and taste it. Every single one of my senses is on full alert, waiting for the night I can sleep without my electric blanket and go out without a heavy coat. The willow tree is days away from being completely green again! These are the things that make me happy, running with my dog in the woods and the impending arrival of spring. Anything else is too much and makes me antsy.

No comments: