11.07.2007

I love Jimi Hendrix

Since moving from the city to the suburbs I've held tightly to my aversion to wearing any kind of sweat style clothing in public. I do not wear tennis shoes! I do not wear sweat shirts! I do not own any type of cargo pant! I can hardly wear jeans and a t-shirt. I just can not be comfortable in comfortable clothes in public. And then yesterday happened. I spent the entire day writing in my favorite black sweats. I'm not talking bunched at the ankle (think more Paris Hilton style), but sweats none the less, complete with paint stains. Soon 5:00 rolls around and, you know, I'm feeling pretty comfortable, I decided to "not care what people think of my appearance" and I go to play rehearsal in these pants and a hoodie with my hair up and no makeup. I'm feeling very "okay, I can do this. I can live in this town and go to rehearsal au natural". Of course, this was all shattered when I arrived and found out the photographer for the Port Orchard Independent was there for an image to accompany our press release. Being that I have an ironic and very Larry David like life, it of course makes complete sense and luckily only 7 people read the Port Orchard Independent, but call it a lesson learned. I will never again try to fit in with suburbanites and lazy people everywhere by wearing home clothes outside of the home.

Speaking of calling it a lesson learned, the John Mayer/Alicia Keys collaboration is phenomenal. Her whole album is heaven, listen to it. And as always John is brilliant.

I have some really great thoughts on the WGA strike boiling, they're coming soon I swear.

K

No comments: