11.27.2007

I have a new love of my life: Pomegranate Martinis, sometimes called "The Oprah" (she steals my books for her reader's club, it only makes sense that she steals my drink). Now, usually I'm a beer girl on account of being able to drink pretty much all you want and never end up puking outside the bar, but beer really packs in the calories so all of that dancing in 3 inch healings gets canceled out. Anyway, a few months ago Melisa and I went to the One10 Lounge downtown and I ordered the Pom for the first time. So good! Seriously, the best thing I've ever put between my lips.

Recipe:
2 oz Pomegranate Vodka (I like 3 Olives)
2 oz Pomegranate Juice- make sure you use 100% pure pom juice
1 oz Lime Juice
splash of Grenadine

Shake with ice and pour it in a chilled martini glass, your life will change.

Rehearsals are going well, only 9 days until opening night. Last night we had a hair and makeup meeting and technical rehearsal. I had a very expensive face full of makeup and had to sit and listen to a Mary Kay makeup artist "teach me" about makeup. Since my return to the suburbs I've had to endure many conversations like this. I've heard all about Mary Kay, Olive Garden, Ross and even WalMart. Such is the life outside of the city.

K

No comments: