4.09.2008

I haven't said yet, but I'm acting in another play. It's The Pajama Game, and I am really, really enjoying it. It's a fun show and I love my character. I get to be sexy and flirty and drunk and get my heart broken, all fun things to act. I really would like to do a drama though, musicals are fun but they are not my forte.

Also I've started working on a new script. It is proably my favorite so far. I was describing the main character to Charity- one of her things is that the smallest things will completely freak her out and turn her off of something/someone and Char listened to me and said, "Hmm, that sounds like you." It was a funny moment, because of course there are peices of myself in every character I create, but I didn't realize that was one of them.

My psyche has a direct correlation to the weather, and I notice that as the Sun stays in the sky longer and the air smells fresher my mood is lighter. And although it makes me feel a bit manic I feel better, like some things are changing. Par exemple, there are two different guys asserting their affection right now and I know that the Katie from a year ago would jump at that, but now I'm looking at them and I know that they are no where near good enough. I think that meeting that other guy, that really great guy, has a huge hand in this. I feel like every few years or so when my standards have slipped a little bit God sends someone completely amazing and worthwhile into my life to remind me not to settle, and that there are men who are good and talented. Artistic without being tortured. Smart without the pompousness. Charismatic without entitlement. Not that I need, or really want, to be with anyone. Anyway, I'm just saying that the tides have changed a little bit and I'm feeling better.

My cat is sleeping on my bed and I can hear her snoring, it's so cute. She's making little cat sleep noises.

K

No comments: