4.27.2008

On acting, puppies, and the symbiotic relationship between the sun and my psyche.

All of the rehearsals and costume issues and general busy-ness (how do you spell that word so it's different from business??)/needless drama in my life the past few weeks has been completely consuming, but this weekend, once I finally got down to just acting, has felt so good. Stage acting is something very unique, it's this whole experience between actors and audience that creates this moment that can't be captured again. I mean it can't be watched over and over or extensively dissected and each performance feels a little bit different. It is probably, for me, the most cathartic form of art.

Saturday was an especially nice day. I woke up and had a lazy morning, talked with mom and Char about opening night over coffee, then Char and I decided to go tanning. On our way there we see a boy selling border collie puppies for $30. Our family has been talking about getting a puppy for a few months now, specifically a border collie, and I had planned on rescuing one from a shelter, but once I looked at this little black and white boy I couldn't stand to think of him going to bad home. So Char and I made some pleading phone calls, Char ran to the ATM, and 15 minutes later we were back at home with Huckleberry Finn! I am so in love with him. As I type this he's curled up at my feet and every so often he wakes up and licks my toes. Look how adorable:




He loves his baseball! Jonathan is going to be so proud.

I have felt so aware of myself lately, I think that for the first time in my life I am living as completely my own person. There is no toxic, ongoing and unhealthy relationship, no stressful and hated job, no huge obligations. I have a low key job and spend most of my time doing things I love. My mind has been so free to create. I want to get these scripts done so I can start sending out queries to agents. And the sun!! The sun being out is huge for my psyche! I hate to be too quick to say it, but I feel so in repair.

Current obsessions:

Lateday Sun by Lower Lights Burning (myspace.com/lowerlightsburning). It is my favorite song, it's been on constant repeat lately.

Watercolors- I've been doing once piece a night before I go to sleep in a little notebook.

Galway Kinnell poetry-

So what if we groan.
That’s our noise. Laughter is our stuttering
in a language we can’t speak yet. Behind,
the world made of wishes goes dark. Ahead,
if not now then never, shines what is.

I am dreaming of the camping that will happen this summer, debating on a summer play, and certain of being more myself than I have been lately.

K

No comments: