12.15.2008

Christmas time is a cure-all, I swear.

I just want to make movies. That's all I want to do, lock myself up with a handful of similarly creative people and make beautiful, touching, expressive movies. But in the meantime the past week has been lovely. A lot of Christmas baking, Christmas cookies, Christmas love. This is my favorite time of year. After rehearsal on Saturday Justin and I went to a Christmas party in Redmond with our friend Javier-

The party was at this huge, beautiful home but was pretty lame (Dickens Carolers, sushi trays and free drinks notwithstanding) so we left around 10 and met up with some of our friends in Seattle for drinks and dancing.



It was snowing in the city, and so beautiful. I always miss living in Seattle when I'm there, it makes my heart hurt a bit whenever I come home. We caught the 2:00 ferry home, which put us about an hour from Justin's and about an hour and a half from mine and the snow was coming down pretty hard on our side of the Sound, so I stayed at Justin's. I woke up to this:




Justin made banana chocolate chip pancakes and we laid around for most of the morning, playing with his kitten, Madonna, and watching Love Actually, which is one of my favorite movies.

A really lovely weekend, and the next weeks hold more of the same, so the darkness is at bay for now. And it should stay that way for a bit because I'm going to Palm Springs for a week in January for another Golf Tournament, then my show opens and that gets me through March!

Love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hii...
for me, christmas is the loveliest time through the year :D, everything seems so beautifully bright, lamps, cookies, presents, cards, hugs, kisses, families, friends, joyful songs, and bla bla bla...
merry christmas!!!
and, i love Love Actually too,,,

regards,