12.30.2008

I want to remind you that you're not allowed to have an opinion about this, and you know why.

As if holding on to someone tighter can make your heart hurt less, or touching someone more can make them stay with you even as you're leaving. Like one body can replace another. But even in spite of all of this there are moments of glimmering truth and in those moments I ride the high and I can get some simplicity. Because only the two of us exist, not even floor or walls or house. Everything melts away, all of my hesitance and trepidation and over thinking... It's like a drug. It covers up the need to cope. Because it is so indescribably lonely to feel disconnected from your blood, from your home, from the people who love you, that if I can grasp a little bit of being connected to someone for a bit, even if I know it's fleeting, I'll take it. I need to fly and be free, but I need to land every so often.

No comments: