6.10.2009

Can't sleep! I'm turning all of this stuff over in my mind, I've been ansty lately like you wouldn't believe, just all over the place. I feel like too many people are staking claim of me and pulling me in all sorts of directions, and then I can't wait to leave. I'm an easy scare, a flight risk when it comes to too much closeness. I know I know, and I'm working on it. I recognize that these days, at least the times when I'm not working, are golden. And I am working all the time now, it's exhausting, but the evenings are with a group of people I have loved for a very long time, and we all recognize how fleeting it is for us all to be in the same place at the same time. Everything feels fleeting lately, it's part of the magic of summer. I should be asleep now, I'm so tired, but every time I try to sleep I'm wide awake and once I start thinking about something too intense I'm done for. Last night I fell asleep with an old best friend on the phone- it was so comforting. Him and I were always doing that when we were younger, hours on the phone into the night, and randomly it happened again last night. We have this connection I can't explain, we're so similar and like I said, it's comforting. Maybe I can find my way into sleep now, my room is the perfect temp and I've had a glass of wine, I'm going to put a movie on and maybe pick up the phone again. It sounds like perfection.

Au Revoir

No comments: