12.12.2007

On Costume, Christmas and Ex-Boyfriends.

There are so many reasons why I love this time of year, and one of the more superfluous is all of the great parties. Last weekend Melis, Anthony & I went to the first of the season, Friday I'm going to Melisa's company Christmas party with her. The theme is "Era's"- you can choose any era and theme it up. Melisa is going 80's:
I can't decide between British Mod 60's:
and American "Summer of Love" 60's hippie:Char thought I should go 1500's...

Hahaha! I know no one funnier than my sister.

Saturday we might go to Bri's Christmas Sweater party. I don't really have any Christmas sweaters, but I was thinking a big bow taped to one of my normal sweaters would suffice. Next weekend at my home my family is having a "Good Old Fashioned Piano Christmas Carolling" party. Then, THEN, is New Years. I'm not sure what we're doing except I know that whatever it is will involve a dress with sequins on it and a lot of dancing and toasting to the New Year.

Not so superfluously, Christmas is the most wonderful day of the year.

And in despair I bowed my head
“There is no peace on earth,” I said,
“For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men.”
Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

I think about that all the time lately. While I enjoy so much the parties and the shopping for people you love and all of that, I have never had trouble remembering the whole point of all of it. The love and the beauty and the tenderness of Jesus that, without any doubt, sustains and saves me daily. Christmas Cards came out beautifully! I did 5 original watercolor and inks that will go to very special people and the rest will get limited copies, I'm only making 3 of each. Hopefully I'll get some scans up soon.

There is this interesting phenomenon that happens across the board with all girls I know: Ex-Boyfriend Week! Like, one contacts you and then you hear something about another one and then you run into yet another and it all happens in the space of a week. I hate it. You finally start feeling like your heart is your own again and then you realize that maybe someone still has a little piece of it (at least with one, the others are just kind of awkward and annoying). I don't understand how all of that time of making yourself okay and "getting over" disappear so quickly. Anyway, this has all gone on too long. I only meant to talk about costumes. I think I'm leaning towards the Mod look, I'd get to wear my favorite boots!

amor,

No comments: